The 2018–19 Local Government Levy Ready Grants Program (LGLRGP) provides $5 million in funding to assist Councils with their waste disposal facility infrastructure upgrades prior to the introduction of the waste disposal levy in 2019.
On 14 December 2018, approved projects under the 2018–19 LGLRGP were announced.
The 2018–19 Local Government Levy Ready Grant Program (LGLRGP) has been established as a one-off grant for necessary infrastructure upgrades of waste disposal facilities.
The Department of Local Government, Racing and Multicultural Affairs (DLGRMA) is administering the 2018-19 LGLRGP on behalf of the Department of Environment and Science (DES), which has primary responsibility for implementing the levy.
The aim of this program is to provide financial assistance to support Local Governments in undertaking necessary infrastructure works at waste disposal facilities that will be required to implement the levy. The program supports projects that:
- facilitate accurate collection of the levy
- ensure adequate security and operational site controls
- comply with environmental authority and regulatory requirements.
Forms and resources
- 2018–19 LGLRGP Guidelines (PDF, 0.7MB)
- 2018–19 LGLRGP Project Management Plan (XLSX, 62KB)
- 2018–19 LGLRGP Project Management Plan – Explanatory Notes (DOC, 339KB)
- 2018–19 LGLRGP Subsidy Claim Form (XLSX, 54KB)
- 2018–19 LGLRGP Variation Request Form (DOC, 250KB)
- 2018–19 LGLRGP Monthly Progress Report (XLSX, 70KB)
- 2018–19 LGLRGP Final Project Report (DOC, 250KB)
- Applications opened Friday 31 August 2018.
- Applications closed 5 pm Friday 12 October 2018.
- Announcements of approved projects made 14 December 2018
- Project Management Plan submissions due 31 January 2019
Cairns Office: 07 4037 3407 or 4037 3411
Townsville Office: 07 4758 3472
Rockhampton Office: 07 4758 3472
Brisbane Office: 07 3452 6762
Toowoomba Office: 07 4616 7315
Maroochydore Office: 07 5352 9711
Maryborough Office: 07 4122 0410
Program Office: 07 3452 6729