Your feedback is important to us. The department places a high value on feedback from its clients and the public generally.
- encourages feedback about how we carry out our business
- takes a client-focused approach to how we deal with complaints about our services
- accepts complaints about our services verbally or in writing
- uses information from complaints about our services to improve our business processes.
How to lodge compliments, feedback or complaints about the department
The department offers various channels to lodge compliments, feedback or complaints on the department's products, services, policies or actions.
- Write to the department:
Compliments, feedback or complaints
Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning
PO Box 15009
City East Qld 4002
- Email the department your compliments, feedback or complaints through our online form
- Phone or fax the department your compliments, feedback or complaints via our contact us details.
Complaints will be acknowledged within two working days of receipt and a response will generally be provided within fifteen working days. A response to urgent matters will generally be provided within five working days.
See our Complaints Management Policy ( 132 KB) for more details
Public Interest Disclosures
View information relating to Public Interest Disclosures (PIDs). Please note the Department of State Development administers PIDs under a Service Level Agreement with the Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning.
Complaints about local governments (councils)
Follow these links if your feedback, compliment or complaint relates to: